Disney World In June
June marks the beginning of summer crowds but the parks aren’t as busy as July – have a good touring plan and arrive a little before park opening and you should be fine. The more popular attractions are the least crowded at park opening. June can be rainy so bring a disposable poncho and keep an eye on the weather as some attractions do close when lightning comes with the rain. Read on to find out about crowds, closures and special events during your June trip to Disney World.
Disney World Ride Closures & Refurbishments
- Magic Kingdom – Hall of Presidents closed January 17 – June 29, 2017.
- Epcot – Mission: SPACE and Advance Training Lab closed June 5 – July 28, 2017.
- Disney Springs – Portobello Country Italian Trattoria (restaurant) closed April 23 – Fall 2017
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters Restaurant, Cabana Pool Bar & the Calypso Trading Post will be closed from May 1, 2017 to June 18, 2018. Dining options will be available for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast & dinner. Grab-and-Go meals like pastries, salads, fruit, and sandwiches will be sold in the Aruba, Jamaica and Aruba sections of the resort. In-room dining will still be available.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort – Fitness Center closed June 12 – TBA to replace flooring. Some equipment has been moved to Salon 9 for guests wanting to work out.
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – Exterior painting and maintenance from Jan 3 – July 27. Work should not begin until after 9:00am each morning.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Room Refurbishments from Feb 4, 2017 to May 7, 2018. Work should not begin until after 9:00am each morning.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Construction projects will occur at the resort beginning October 2, 2015 and continuing into July 2017. Noise from this work may be heard by guests, though work will not begin until after 9:00AM, daily. Certain pathways and the nature trail will be blocked. The Boulder Ridge Cove Pool leisure pool at the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Teton Boat and Bike Rentals, the resort beach, playground and recreation fire pit will closed through July 1, 2017. The resort’s main pool will be open during construction. Cub’s Den (Children’s Activity Center) closed through 2017. Roaring Forks Snacks will be closed February 13 – July 1, 2017. Trout Pass Pool bar will be closed through 2017.
- Disney’s Yacht Club – Captain’s Grille Restaurant will temporarily be relocated to Ariel’s in the Yacht Club Resort from May 25 – September 30, 2017.
Have fun at Disney World in June!!
If you ever want to chat about Disney, come over to Goldwiser in Old Town Spring. We are open from 10 am to 7 pm Monday through Saturday and located at 1122 Spring Cypress Rd., Spring, TX 77373. Let’s talk some Disney World! While you’re at it, bring your old gold, silver and platinum jewelry and old coins. Maybe you can get some extra cash for a Disney trip!
(Partially taken from buildabettermousetrip.com)