Weekend Plans Uncertain? I’ve Got You Covered!
Let me start by saying that many of these events will most likely be cancelled because of inclement weather we’re expecting over the next several days due to Hurricane Harvey. Check with these venues before you purchase tickets or head out.
Saturday, August 26, 2017
• Bayou City Boot Scoot at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon – Learn how to dance, we’re talking two-step, West coast swing, line dance, waltz and more, at this workshop at Neon Boots Dancehall and Saloon. Tickets start at $35. 10am to 5:30pm.
• One Year Anniversary Party at Under the Radar Brewery – Under the Radar is celebrating one year of being open with live music, special beer releases, and food trucks. 10am to 11:55pm.
• Pearland Wine and Food Festival at Pearland Town Center – Sip on vino from Texas wineries during this annual festival in Pearland. Hosted by Dionisio Winery, the event features live music, local food, and award-winning wine. Tickets start at $30. Noon to 8pm.
• League City Family Fun Day Festival at Hometown Heroes Park – Bring the whole family out to League City for an afternoon of activities, food, moonwalks, entertainment and more. 3pm to 7pm.
• Houston Professional Day Social at BLUEorange Gallery – Network with other area professionals while you enjoy drinks, poetry, comedy, art and more at the Houston Professional Day Social. $5. 5pm to 8pm.
• Mayweather vs McGregor Watch Parties Around Houston – Watch this highly anticipated matchup between Floyd Mayweather and Connor McGregor with a room full of boxing fans at venues around Houston. Locations, times, and prices vary. 6pm.
• Opening Reception: Bradley Kerl, Angel Oloshove, and Christopher Cascio at Galveston Arts Center | FREE – Hear from artists Bradley Kerl, Angel Oloshove, and Christopher Cascio and view their works, which include paintings, drawings, and ceramic totems, at this opening reception at Galveston Arts Center. 6pm to 9pm.
• Waugh Bat Colony Boat Tour – Watch 250,000 Mexican free-tailed bats emerge from the Waugh Bridge at dusk while sitting comfortably on a boat during this tour offered by the Buffalo Bayou Partnership. $30. 7pm to 8:30pm
• Houston Dynamo vs. Sporting Kansas City at BBVA Compass Stadium – Cheer on the Dynamo as they go head-to-head against Kansas City in this home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24. 8pm.
• Wild Child: A Tribute to The Doors at House of Blues – Rock out to music from The Doors when tribute band Wild Child brings their hits to the stage at House of Blues. Tickets start at $22.50. 8pm.
• Dixie’s Tupperware Party at The Grand – Laugh all the way through this one woman show that doubles as a Tupperware party, which is playing for one-night-only at The Grand. $35. 8pm.
• ComedySportz Improv Show at CSz Arena – Crack up as you participate in this interactive improv show from ComedySportz. $20. 8pm.
• The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Go back to the 1920s when the Moonlight Dolls take the stage at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar for this tastefully suggestive performance. $40. 11:30pm.
Sunday, August 27, 2017
• Yoga in the Park at Nature Discovery Center | FREE – Take a deep breath when you take this free yoga class at Nature Discovery Center. 8:30am.
• The Gypsy Rose Market at Kemah Community Center – Stroll around the Gypsy Rose Market to shop for jewelry, home decor, gifts and more from vendors. Noon to 4pm.
• Farmers & Artisans Market and Dog Adoption Fair at Southern Star Brewery | FREE – Stop by Southern Star Brewery to shop their afternoon farmer’s market and enjoy a beer. Montgomery County Animal Shelter Texas will be on site with adoptable dogs. Noon to 4pm.
• Lost ’80s Live Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Relive the 1980s when the Lost ‘80s Live Tour rolls through Houston playing some of your favorite hits at Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $65. 7:30pm.
• Houston Dash vs. North Carolina Courage at BBVA Compass Stadium – Cheer on the Dash as they play against North Carolina in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $15. 8pm.