You read that right. Do you like lasagna? How about burritos? And enchiladas? Consider this layered, saucy chicken dish a hybrid of all three.
This recipe comes to us from Denise at mylifecookbook.com. There are links below to see more from My Life Cookbook that we encourage you to check out and enjoy!
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 can refried beans.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
PUTTING THE BURRITO LASAGNA TOGETHER
The 5 ingredients are cooked chicken, salsa, cheese, tortillas, and refried beans. So to make this dish, you want to use a springform pan so that it holds [its] shape. I first spread some refried beans on a tortilla and then placed it on the bottom. Then I added the (frozen) shredded chicken, spooned the salsa and finally sprinkled some shredded cheese. I repeat the layers 3 times and then placed a final tortilla on top with just the salsa and cheese.
HOW TO BAKE LASAGNA IN THE INSTANT POT
Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water on the bottom. Place the springform pan on the trivet and press the manual button for 10 minutes and let it cook. When it’s done use a quick release. Take it out of the pot and let it sit for 10 minutes before taking it out of the springform pan.
As I said it’s easy and doesn’t take much time and is a great quick and easy dinner. I hope you like it as much as we did. Enjoy!
- Spray your springform pan with cooking spray.
- Take 3 tortillas and spread the refried beans evenly on each.
- Place the first tortilla in the springform pan and then add 1/3 of the chicken meat.
- Add 1/4 of the salsa on top of the chicken and then sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese.
- Repeat for two more layers.
- Add the last tortilla and top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Add trivet to the Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water.
- Place the lasagna on the trivet, lock the lid and turn the pressure release to the back.
- Use the manual button to cook for 10 minutes.
- When finish(ed), move the release button to vent for a quick release.
- Take out the springform pan (be careful it’s really hot) and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.